One of the main technological contributions of Papyrum is electronic invoicing, which enables any type of company or entity, whether public or private, to deal with this area of management in a more advanced, efficient way.
The natural evolution of invoices from paper format to digital format has led to einvoicing. In addition, it is a tax document which replaces the physical document and retains the same legal status, provided that it boasts a series of characteristics:
- The authenticity of the origin
- The integrity of the content
Electronic invoicing has come to be of particular importance in all types of institutions, which are increasingly taking advantage of its benefits, eliminating all the physical processes and generating these invoices through specifically designed applications.
One example is the electronic invoice solution designed by Papyrum and Exaccta, through which companies can manage expenses documents in an easier, faster way using their mobile devices, integrating them into a management platform linked to their systems which has been approved by the Spanish tax authority (AEAT) itself, which confers legal validity upon the invoices generated through it.
Another important aspect to take into account is that until 2013 an electronic signature was necessary to guarantee the validity of e-invoices in accordance with the tax authorities’ rules and regulations. With the approval of the new invoicing regulations for 2013, this signature is no longer necessary, although it is advisable.
In addition, electronic invoices must be numbered and contain the date, business name, a brief description of the transaction performed, the tax rate and the tax due.
The implementation of electronic billing in a business organization entails a number of improvements, which we can summarize as follows:
- Processing the invoicing and collecting the input data is automated. This leads to improvements in work flows in administration and accounting, as well as analysis and decision making.
- Errors are reduced,
- Processes become swifter, especially if the operations are performed in the cloud, which enables immediate, fast access by any user,
- It encourages the integration of the information from end to end.
- Unifying the formats encourages compliance with policies, rules and procedures.
- Access from anywhere via any device,
- It is easy to store and organize, avoiding slow processing, and easy to store, with the resulting savings and respect for the environment
In addition, the electronic billing format offers consumers considerable advantages:
- It is immediate, as there is no longer a need to wait for the invoice to arrive by post or with the merchandise purchased.
- The customer can access their invoice from any location, at any time and via any device.
- It does not use paper and is therefore in line with the principles of respect for the environment.
- It is easier to store and organize, preventing it from getting lost and being unavailable to be consulted in the future, a common event when the only format available is a paper-based invoice.
Security, a guarantee for your company
E-invoicing ensures the authenticity of the documents which are issued, a situation which is rather more shaky with regard to paper-format invoices as they can be copied and/or scanned without really being valid, and can even be falsified.
This is possible thanks to the fact that electronic invoices can be encrypted with a password, which prevents them from being altered.